Ecrea Media & the City 2015 Conference
URBAN MEDIA STUDIES: CONCERNS, INTERSECTIONS AND CHALLENGES
University of Zagreb, Faculty of Political Science, 24–25 September 2015
From the airport. Zagreb Airport is connected to the Zagreb main bus station via bus or shuttle, running every 30 minutes (after 20:00 pm on plane arrivals and departures). The transfer last around half an hour and tickets (4€) can be bought online at http://www.plesoprijevoz.hr/.
Public Transportation. Website: http://www.zet.hr/default.aspx. Trams, buses and city railway operate all day and night (every hour). Tickets can be bought on board (10 kn) or at newsstands (8 kn), and daily tickets are available (25 kn). Tram daily routes: http://www.zet.hr/default.aspx?id=291 . Tram night routes: http://www.zet.hr/default.aspx?id=292.
Taxi. They operate by a distance fee. Suggested companies are: Radio Taxi Zagreb +385(0)1 1717 , +385 (0)1 1777 ; Taxi Cammeo + 385 (0) 1 1212 ; Eko taxi +385(0)1 1414
As part of our commitment to stimulate interaction between scholars from different disciplines, we shall also be organising a guided urban exploration of Zagreb’s industrial, modernist/utopian architectural heritage, and post-industrial urban developments. More information about activities will be published on the website in the following months.
Points of Interest
- Faculty of Political Science, Conference Venue, Lepušićeva Street 6
- Booksa Café, Urban Film Screening, Martićeva Street 14d
- Apetit City Restaurant, Social dinner, Masarykova Street 18
- The Main Railway Station, Trg kralja Tomislava 12
- The Main Bus Station, Avenija Marina Držića 4
- Tourist Information Centre, Kaptol 5
- Hotel Jadran Zagreb, Vlaška Street 50
- Hotel Astoria, Petrinjska Street 71
- Spunk Bar, Farewell Party, Hrvatske Bratske Zajednice Street
- No events